As ik in oanfraach fan it begjin ôf oanmeitsje soe, binne d'r bepaalde dingen wêr't ik perfoarst foar soargje soe dat wurde foltôge:
- Cascading Style Sheets - troch de fisuele laach fan jo applikaasje te skieden fan 'e middelste en efterste ein, hoege jo net folle mear te dwaan dan in pear bestannen te feroarjen om de brûkersynterface fan jo webside dynamysk te feroarjen. CSS Zen Garden yllustreart de krêft fan CSS fantastysk. De HTML is oer de hiele side itselde, mar as jo wikselje tusken tema's, wurde nije stylblêden tapast en de side wurdt transformeare. Ik soe har ek sterk oanbefelje boek.
- Templating – Page templates are the ‘middle-tier' between your back-end and the front-end. This pulls the actual retrieval code out of the pages and simply has it referenced from a template. The advantage of templates are they assist in separating the wheat from the chaff. Back-end functionality won't break page functionality and vice-versa.
- Common tapassing koade – you should never have to write the same code twice within the application. If you do, you're writing your application wrong. When you need to make a change, you should only need to make that change in a single llocation.
- Databank - bewarje gegevens yn databases. Gegevens opslaan yn elke oare laach freget safolle mear wurk!
- XHTML neilibjen – as technologies like Content Management Systems, APIs, RSS, and other content integration tools become more prevalent, the transmission of content needs to be simple. XHTML standards are important because content is easily ‘transportable' to other sites, services, or locations.
- Cross-browser funksjonaliteit – browsers treat HTML and CSS differently. There are plenty of hacks that ensure cross-browser functionality. You should always be supporting the top 3 browsers in the industry with the latest 3 releases of each. Beyond those, I wouldn't bother… it will be the death of the browser if they can't keep up with the big dogs.
- Cross-platform-funksjonaliteit – some functionality is not the same or offered between a PC, Mac, and Linux. If you do all the previous steps, you shouldn't run into trouble, but I would still test to be sure!
Trying to fix plumbing in a home that's already built is costly. Doing good ‘plumbing' up front will save you a lot of money in the long run!
Ik fûn in geweldige boarne neamd The Scrutinizer by it lêzen fan in oare blog, neamd Willekeurige bytes. Lastly, if you're looking to become an enterprise application with broad reach and scope, I would be cautious of employees that ignore or don't concern themselves with these items early on. Find folks that care! You're life will be much easier down the road.